Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lunch with the Ladies and an April Blizzard

Today was our meeting day of the sewing ladies... we met at Edith's house, where her daughter created the most beautiful and delicious lunch for us!

All four of us were able to attend, Judy, in spite of her fashion show deadline on May 2, was there and shared her process and eagerly listened as we all caught up on the news of our current events. It was lovely to see her and her collection looks like it will be delightful.. very chic.. purples.. rich in texture and simple, classic silhouettes! I am looking forward to attending the event..

Paula shared her jacket and great finds from the Textile center garage sale. The jacket has the most delightful detail where the lining meets the facing.. and the interlining provides the perfect structure for her fabric...

Edith shared her life work with us, by showing us her computer mapping.. it is truly breakthrough work  that I am convinced the world is now ready for...

I am so fortunate to be able to gather with such inspiring and individual women, who maintain their passion and keep it alive, actively pursuing their dreams. The evolution, which is intriguing to say the least.

Driving home, in the great blizzard of week # 16 -Two thousand and thirteen, took a bit of time, but traffic was moving pretty well, despite the horizontal direction of the snow. As of yesterday, the last of which all had mostly melted away, making room for a NOT SO WELCOME 6"-9" expected. Yuck!

But, what I am left with is the inspiration of the day, what everyone is creating and working on.. my focus, just find a new place to live, that I can stay in for a while. I don't want to be moving every summer... ick! I want a place to call home, a place of my own, to be comfortable in, to have space to expand and create... to be warm and comfortable. The months are counting down... July 1 is the day to turn in keys. The little cottage by the river has been a good transition place, but now the unknown is staring me in the face and freezing my heart... it will all work out.. perfectly!

Stay tuned as I create and attract the perfect place.. we will see what shows up! Transition still going strong.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.