Monday, June 25, 2012

Chocolate Vanilla Coconut Cream! Oh, my!


This weekend started my focus for getting healthy. I have had a nasty cough for the last several months and not been feeling very energetic, motivated or inspired. (This blog has helped so much for sparking inspiration)

So the new regimen is green juice every day... lots of chlorophyll. Although, there is no chlorophyll in this dessert, it was super easy and super tasty.

I have a vita-mix and I love it, it makes very creamy anything! So this is a dessert that I put together.
I started with the coconut vanilla cream.
1 1/2 cups cashews soaked overnight
2 young thai coconuts (the meat inside)
1 Tbsp Agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut water
vanilla bean seeds

The soaked cashew in the vita-mix with a little filtered water, until very creamy consistency. (Almost like stiff whipped cream. Add all other ingredients and vita-mix until same consistency is created)

Put into a bowl and reserve 1/4 cup in the vita-mix.
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup Raw Cacao powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut water
1/3 coconut oil (liquid, in the summer this is its natural state, if it is solid, set it in hot water and it will liquify, high heats will loose the health benefits)
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar

Spoon into dessert dishes, spoon coconut vanilla cream on top and sprinkle with raw cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla bean seed. Chill for at least an hour.

It is very tasty, non dairy and no sugar!

By eating healthy, I am creating a vibrant life for myself. Connecting the threads of my passions, interests and aspirations. Becoming what I want to be, expressing who I am and expanding my experience of self.. Experiencing every moment, vital, brilliant and aware!

Enjoy your monday, the beginning of something new, it may be a week, it may be a life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.