Friday, May 10, 2013

Choosing an experience.... a principle of manifestation


These past few days have had me deep in the administrative structures of the design studio. Assessing what is working and what is not working and there is plenty not working! 

The prompt for the scrutiny comes from the looming move ahead and the desire to move into a place of my own. A place where I am the owner and I choose the level of upkeep, aesthetics and function for my lifestyle. It will be the first time as a homeowner for me. I have always rented, keeping things mobile. Not sure where I would end up or where I wanted to end up. In case... my knight in shining armor showed up on a white horse, blah, blah, blah... 
I am here now and I am ready to live my life for me. Studying the concepts and ideas of business, structure, design and the decorative arts. That is what has interested me and now it is time to really put it all together. The time for gathering has come to an end.. I have all that I need and am ready to commit to MY career. Not just something I am doing in the mean time.. la, la, la, la, la, la... 

For years I have been working with homeowners, creating beautiful environments that are expressions of who they are.. improving the function and lifestyle of their everyday lives. Now, it is time I do that for myself. I look forward to finding the perfect space to call home, and lovingly bring it to a higher standard of living. To create a beautiful space that is an expression of me is an exciting journey. To be fully self expressed in my being AND my environment, that is my desire of late... 

What about you? What have you been putting off for a lifetime? What have you longed for? When is it time to embark on your journey, rather than do what your doing to distract you?  your real desire?  What is the experience you want for you? It doesn't even have to be about your home. What is next for you... many people have achieved a result, reached a goal. Now what? Set a new goal... When you think your done... there is only one way left to go... downward. When there is always more to do, to experience, to dream, to create.. that is life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.