Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rough drafts




As you can probably tell, most posts are written in the moment, journal entries, more or less. While others, are edited and more carefully written. (At least I hope you can tell the difference, as I review some things written 'from the heart' as opposed to things written 'from the heart and filtered through the head' I can see a difference.

I am playing around with new layout and content for the blog. Working on the website has influenced and honed my expression some and it makes sense that it would impact the blog.  Not to worry, if there was information that you really are missing from the pages they will reappear after some editing, formatting and overall improved presentation. This has been a practice blog for me. Just getting things out of my head, analyzing my process to optimize my self expression and accountability to getting things done. Not to mention, learning new technology.

It is a bit of a landing ground for the seeds of my ideas to be scattered on. Blogging about them,  is me nurturing and watering the seeds; actual progress, is the fruit of bringing the ideas into reality.  The blog is a documentation of the process, concept to creation, among other things. But I realize, the blog is really written for me and I am glad you are here. So far, many of you are a mystery audience to me. It is as if I am on a stage, performing in the dark. I don't know who is out there, listening and why. I can only imagine.

Another 'seed' I am throwing out there now is a book. Many, many people have told me I should write a book. As I share my passion for color, design, sewing, people tell me I should write a book. In smaller, intimate conversations, I share relating, spirituality and deeper perceptions which I have been able to tap into and enhance through my adventures in color, design and sewing and people tell me I should write a book. So, I am committed to writing a book. I can see that my passion has value to me. If sharing that has value for another, then it is essential that I share my unique perspective of this reality.

In a public venue my deepest core practices, beliefs and values, which all of my work is based upon, is not something  I disclose readily. But it is becoming more clear to me that people are interested in a deeper sense of existence. These are the people I want to connect with, explore with and create with.

The blog isn't going away, it is just going to take on a new look.  Things are going to get edited and expanded. I think a new mood is emerging...while this is still a blog for me, you the reader are required for my experience of it.

It would be lovely to get to know some of you.. I hope you come back for inspiration and not just to see what the crazy person in Minneapolis is ranting about today! Those of you who read regularly, what do you like about it? If you are new here, a moment to make a comment regarding what you would like to see is appreciated. I would love for you to come back. All of you, come back... and bring your friends.... now a sampling ...

A Color Post

Many people choose color by trial and error. When dealing with a consumer, I am not one of those people. In my experience with color, I have distinguished a working knowledge of how colors relate to each other from two dimensional to three dimensional applications. Proportion also is key in my practice of color specification and selection for finished projects. Today, I would like to address value and contrast and how it relates to color perception. 

I would really like to develop a class to illustrate these principles that people can explore and adapt to their field of interest.  As you can see, the post needs visuals and class exercises would definitely illustrate the points. I have done this in with several industries and community education classes in the past, but would like to create a basic workshop thaeally are missing from the pages they will reappear after some editing, formatting and overall improved presentation. This has been a practice blog for me. Just getting things out of my head, analyzing my process to optimize my self expression and accountability to getting things done. Maybe this blog is solely where I scatter the seeds... We will see how my self expression and creativity evolves from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.