Monday, October 22, 2012

Late in the Afternoon, Monday Musings, and the Mystery Project!

Good afternoon. It is mid afternoon, the errands are run and I committed to watching the first week of the raw chef series that I have invested in.

I am very excited about this, as this week has already inspired me and I am ready to start practicing the art of raw food creation, as well as healthy body creation, which inspires to wardrobe creativity and full self expression! There is a vibrant thread for you! Everything is connected. I automatically connect the dots and sometimes it is a curse because it is not a linear pathway. I have to build the habit of taking baby steps in all areas that are important to me. Focusing on the thing coming down the way and attracting it while not neglecting everything else is a tricky business. I am getting better at it.

Is my house the way I want it? not yet, but it is better this week than last week. Are my finances where I want them to be? No, but I am more clear about what I want to be doing to strengthen that area of my life. Have I gotten any more sewing done other than the mystery project? Nope! But I am so excited to sort through some things and gather UFO's and new projects that I would like to complete while I am here.  I promised photos today!
Mystery Project Complete! 1946 McCall's vintage apron pattern................fabric designed by ME!! 

Detail of the Ric-rac-ric-rac-ric-rac..... and the bow! Too sweet!                            
Saturday morning was the first class, Pixels and Pens at the College of Visual Arts in St Paul. It is a community education class and I am excited to be drawing again. I bought myself some nice new paper and a couple of pens and drew for a bit saturday morning and really want to spend some time this week playing around with it and scanning. Learned a whole bunch about scanning art work! And this is just the beginning.. so you may see some art work cropping up on this blog as well.

There is a lot going on and with more practice comes proficiency, allowing more productivity! Hey, you have to start somewhere, right? I am definitely in a better place than I was 6 months ago! I know here is still transitional, but then, isn't that what life is? A series of transitions? Mine looks a lot like that anyway!

This is a busy week with training. Product training, business training all types of training. This has definitely been a year of training for me. Color, art, fabric design, .. all the things I am interested in. I told a friend this weekend, "We all have drama in our lives, be proactive and choose your own, so you don't take on someone else's!" And, I am adding now,  "Make it worthy of the performance!"

For example, the drama of not having enough money? really? I prefer to create the drama of having too much money... ha! still working on that one... but it IS a good theory.. I plan on putting it to the test! Same goes for not enough time. Schedule things that bring you joy and that you want to be doing, you will find a lot less of other things filling your time that are less than satisfying. You can always change your schedule if you have one! If you don't have a schedule, you end up doing things by default and then wonder where the time went!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.