Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Halves, and Halves NOT!!

I am in the new house and ALL of my things arrived on Sunday!

Furniture made it into the house, well, some it and some of it will go right back out! There was very little time to clean and get the painting done... that will be done before the end of the month, BEFORE any new projects are started.

Living room- red side, wall repair was finished days before move in-painting is definitely necessary! The wall color will become much more neutral. I prefer a calming living room for relaxing, reading, quiet conversation or a movie. The room is much too small for the intensity of this red!
Sunday night was melt down night.. it was not pretty... !! I feel better today. My side of the garage is packed almost solid with boxes. I am not committing to, however, I am planning to downsize my possessions by 1/3 in the next 10 months. So, be on the look out for some cool things that I will be sending off... future posts will have details as to what will be happening to it all and how.. I will most likely commit, but I have to let go of the fear and frustration first.

There are some shelves out there that need to be dewebbed and cleaned to go into the basement, for right now, I think I will set them up in the back yard for sorting boxes. They just cam off the truck and into the garage...

My bedroom is HALF the size of my old one! I loved the size of that bedroom. This one is tiny. 11 x 9
I don't think I ever had a bedroom that small, well, maybe my first apartment in college and that was a short amount of time.

With the bedroom being HALF the size, my closet is also, HALF the size and the other one was nothing to be excited about. So, the clothes need to be gone through. My dad said on saturday as he was loading up the Denali to bring the things I had at their house, "You have more clothes than I do!"

My 10 year old niece was staying at their house too, so she brought them all into my room. She said,
"Wow, you have a lot of clothes!" followed by a huge smile and "a girl can NEVER have too MANY clothes!" She loved the attic space that is accessed from my room, she was coming up with all types of clever uses for the space. Mostly just a place to hang out and ... be creative.

Still needs work and the color has to change, I prefer something more vibrant to wake up to! 
So after the melt down, frustration and anger that showed up sunday evening, I began sorting clothes as I emptied the bags. Here is the first pass, I already know of three things in there that I want to pull back out. I will allow myself that. Purging when one is angry is not a good idea, there tends to be a great deal of regret and resentment that hangs on in its place. I would rather have the stuff, than that emotional nagging! Nonetheless, a great deal of things in this pile, remind me of who I was, the girl in transition, now at a new place and starting a new path.

First pass at purging clothes... there are a few keepers in here still. 
There have been a great deal of enterprising new ideas that have germinated over the last month and HALF! I will be further developing and sharing them as they begin to emerge and evolve into their own identity.



Basement plan needs revision! 
Bathroom walls- same as before, missing the turquoise ceiling!





















As always, thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.