Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Draperies-Finish today!

Todays task is tack down the facing on the drapery panels and put in the grommets for the leather details. I am happy with the results so far.

Drapery panels ready for side hems
I am not so sure the spring tension rod is going to hold the weight of the draperies. I may have to go the custom hardware route after all. We will see how it goes. If this were a permanent location, I would have gone with the cut to measure hardware for sure! As it is temporary, if it holds, it stays.

New grommets may be in order as well, as I think the ones I have are technically 'eyelets' and may be too small. I will see what I have for sizes that my grommet setter will accommodate.

There is one more panel to tack the facing, last night we put up one panel and just hooked it on rings. They will definitely allow for privacy. It was lovely getting up this morning and being able to walk through the hallway without being on display to the bus stop and traffic.

I also plan to finish up a mystery project... you will have to check in later to see what it is.... it is time to get it done and move on to the living room drapery design and implementation.

Next wednesday will be the blog post on Drapery Math. I know I have been promising it for some time now, but I will actually have to plan that post. I don't think it will work as well on the fly as just my musings about it. My plan is to create something that will just be a stand alone page for reference.

Enjoy your day where ever you are! Are you finishing up any projects? What are you working on that you are inspired by completing? Or are you more excited to finish it and get it out of the way to work on the next thing?

I have been working on a web-site for the design studio. It is a tech-y project and one that I am working on determining the details and then will seek professional assistance... because THAT  is out of my realm of comfort in creativity....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.