Monday, January 7, 2013

It is Launched and Live

Good Morning World! I am pleased to report that the website is up and running... the content is close to what I want and there are definitely some aesthetics to address, but, it is a work in process, much like life... as you have heard before.

I activated the email for the website last friday evening. I spent the entire day working on the pages and their layout, etc.

When it came time to 'publish', it seems it has been out there in its raw form for quite some time.

I am not able to 'google' it on my computer, however, my Housemates computer, it shows up. So, I am posting a link here. Shellysdesignstudio.com If any of you would be so kind as to check it out. Peruse it, read some content, there aren't many photos, not many visual interests either, for my liking... that is something to be working on indefinitely.

If you are so moved by something you like or don't like, please let me know in an email directly from the website or a comment on this blog. It would be most helpful. I have taken it as far as I can, now I am looking for 'market research'. Many of you may not be interested in my services, however, for a moment, pretend that you were. What information would you be looking for? Is there anything that would inspire you to contact me to discuss a project? What other information would you like to see on the website, including photos, what would you like to see? Before pictures? In process photos?

Many of the projects that I work on, I find are WIP's, works in process. While the walls may be painted, the floor in place, the lighting just so, the furnishings and accessories are often times a slow process for 'finished' photos.

In my years of participating in the Minneapolis Spring Home and Garden Show, as well as the Fall Home and Garden Show, the criteria set forth in the agreement with North American Trade Shows, was that all Designer Showcase rooms be finished quality. That means, a floor, wall finishes, lighting, furniture and FULLY ACCESSORIZED.

My goal for 2013 is to acquire finished photos for the website and occasionally the blog.

The blog too, has a new purpose for me.

In my afternoon discussions with Paula last week, I discovered something about my creativity. Something that goes way back to high school and college. I have brought it full circle, however there is definitely a distinction in my creative expressions. More about this on Wednesday.

Well, this has gotten long enough for today.. eek!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.