Friday, November 23, 2012

A bottle neck in the studio

The day after Thanksgiving... and our little cottage by the river is still bursting at the seams, so black friday is just another marketing strategy to me. There is nothing that I didn't have yesterday, that I can't live without today or tomorrow for that matter. It isn't that I don't appreciate a deal, rather, I have no need for one right now.

I am grateful for what I have and an abundance of what I do have... my computer and a little tv are the biggest distractions in my life right now, and the computer works about 50/50 as a distraction and a progressive tool. I know I need to skew that percentage a bit, more towards the progressive tool than distraction.

There is a bottleneck in the studio. I have one end table on the table and another waiting to be sanded and primed. A replacement basement storm window which needs a coat of paint and the canopy for my parents swing. I would love to have that done before they go south for the winter. Then I can get it out of my space and keep it free and clear for production.

Today I will make a plan, rather tweak the plan that I already have in place. I see where there are some problems with it. It is a little to tight, if too many things take longer, I am all out of alignment. So, I need to loosen it up and allow a bit more flexibility for things that take longer. I want to enjoy what I am doing not race the clock to get to the next activity..

Be sure and support small business saturday tomorrow, you will be assisting someone in living their dream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.