Sunday, July 22, 2012

Forty Days and Forty Nights..my journey in the Wilderness

Good evening readers! Thanks for checking in. It is Sunday night and the weekend was spent at my parents house on the lake. This afternoon, I slept... for a really long time! It was a relaxing day, although, it is taking a lot for me to get to relax mode. I have been on high energy consumption for a month now..

 A lot going on in the world... my life is in turmoil, as is many others.. I am grateful for the love and support that I do have... I know to believe in myself is important now more than ever. It is a struggle sometimes to acknowledge the gifts that you do have, especially when they come so easy to you. Receiving is a grace. For generosity to occur, as in a sincere compliment or acknowledgement from another; to be received graciously allows for the generosity of the giver to be truly completed. Every human being wants to make a difference in the world. The common goal- for the highest good of all. This is where people make tragic mistakes.. when the difference is at the expense of others.

My friend and I sign a lease on Tuesday. Move in is scheduled for September 1. So, there is a count down of days.... 40 days.. hmm, reminds me of some famous people who wandered for 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness... eating locusts and honey... pretty sure... no locusts for me.. but it sounds like a perfect time frame for a raw foods diet. Considering all of my money is going to go to transportation... there will be no eating out for 40 days.

What do I need to focus on right now? Taking care of me. Doing what ever it takes to take care of my health and well being.

Maybe focus on a raw diet right now. I have my Vita-Mix and my juicer with me. Just focus on eating healthy, relaxing and breathing deep healthy breaths. I find myself holding my breath a lot lately. This is toxic for my system, not to mention the food that I have been eating since getting back. Not what I am used to at all.

This is what I needed, to make a plan, to take control of an area of my life that I can control, or at least be in control of my choices... so. Raw food it is... Juicing, salads and other yummy things....


 Some things that I have made in the past that worked...

French Toast, not on the raw food menu, however, no dairy and no sugar.. nuts and coconut, chocolate and a cashew cream batter... Not raw.. but delicious!


This is a fabulous marinara sauce from sun dried tomato and nuts... I made a batch of it and it kept for a very long time. It is some of the best Marinara I have EVER eaten.. The "pasta" is a zucchini that has been cut on a spiralizer.. very tasty. For the recipe on the Marinara .. Addicted to Veggies... 

Stir fry vegetables. not raw, al dente, crisp and bright.. just the way I like them. Warm to release the flavor without overcooking.


Thai rice noodles... with cilantro... yum! Heavy metals be gone!

All tossed together. A very tasty meal indeed. 
This might be my creative expression for the next 40 days.... I have been inspired by a salad that my mom made..the pistachio salad.. Cottage cheese, marshmallows, cool whip, pistachio flavored pudding, and crushed pineapple. I have an inspiration to do something different with this... involving a Young Thai Coconut, Pistachios, Vanilla Cream (made from the YTC) and chopped pistachio, pineapple and a bit of agave nectar for sweetness... It may show up some time this week.. So, keep checking back for pictures... I will share when I get some made... photos at least... 

Good night and sweet dreams to all of you... go to that place of peace, love and compassion for the world. Be compassionate towards others for the choices that they make, even though you may not agree with them and NONE of us certainly understand them! Do not get sucked into the tragedy of others but send them all love and healing in these difficult times of mystery and unfathomable experiences. Peace to all and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, critique or a question. I love questions... Come back soon.